Find your Next Adventure !
Rusutsu Resort is a fully integrated resort that the whole family will enjoy; a winter wonderland which will enchant and leave you with great memories that will last a lifetime.
Rusutsu has an average snowfall of over 14 metres a season, and a large ski area that is Hokkaido’s largest single resort it covers three mountains, each having a variety of long groomed runs with a selection of great powder and tree runs that link between the runs and the lifts and make for an easy introduction to powder and tree skiing.
The resort offers picturesque views towards Lake Toya and Mt Yotei and with 4 gondolas, 7 high speed high speed covered quads plus 7 pair lifts Rusutsu is a breeze to get around so you can enjoy more of the mountains more comfortably; Rusutsu infrastructure is world class and no doubt one of the best of any Japan Ski resort.
Accommodation options at Rusutsu are the Rusutsu Resort Hotel or the 5 star Westin Resort hotel, Rusutsu Resort Hotel has a variety of family friendly rooms and suites while the Westin offers 2 story Maisonette Suites for families or groups and there are a variety of restaurants and bars to enjoy as well as some outside options a short walk from the hotel, such as Rodeo Drive. There are two convenience stores just outside the Westin hotel such as the 711 with international ATM. The accommodation is ski in ski out from the locker rooms and the hotels and the ski resorts are linked with a monorail and a gondola so getting around is super easy.
Rusutsu Resort also offers a number of other attractions that appeal to whole family including an indoor theme park, shopping facilities, snow shoeing, dog sledding, snowmobiling, indoor wave pool and onsens.
Facilities & Attractions
Tourist attractions and the latest trendy spots.
Nurture the body and mind through the power of scent in Averara, an aroma treatment room on the second floor at The Westin Rusutsu Resort. Exclusive to
The newly refurbished daycare centre was opened on 28th December 2018. Staffed by qualified nursery teachers, our daycare centre’s support system provi
Shop at Rusutsu Resort for luxury sport equipment, souvenirs, quality goods and even a wine cellars. The shops in North Wing are surrounding by a two-s
To ensuring guests have a fantastic stay, hotel attractions include a musical fountains, the iconic 2-story carousel, arcade with a 4D theatre, activit
Rusutsu Resort has a wide range of options where it comes to fine dining restaurants,casual dining or just a quick bite. Dining options from traditi
This indoor swimming pool features an exciting 4 story aqua-coaster and wave machine, The wave pool is a great activity,suitable for the whole family.
You can enjoy the indoor sports and activities at Rusutsu without being influenced by the weather including hot springs, climbing wall, table tennis, s
Their brand new hot spring "Kotobuki" is now opened. A total floor space of 3,000 square meters and overlooking at Shikotsu-Toya National Park. The
You can enjoy the indoor sports facilities at Rusutsu without being influenced by the weather. Challenge the Climbing Wall within Rusutsu Resort. Be
Niseko ski resort in Hokkaido, is the largest and most well known resort in Japan for international skiers and snowboarders. It is suitable for all abi
The Hokkaido Resort Liner has a range of options to travel around Hokkaido to help you get to and from Hokkaido resorts, airports and major cities.
There are some Hot Spring areas you can visit from Rusutsu Ski resort by a private taxi. Makkari Hot Spring Tour Kyogoku Hot Spring Tour Konbu
- Best Time to Visit
- How to Reach Rusutsu
- Resorts & City Guide
- Pros & Cons
- March - May
- Average Weather: Max 6.4°C | Min -2.1°C
- June - August
- Weather: Max 20.5° C | Min 12.8° C
- September - November
- Weather: Max 11.7° C | Min 3.1° C
- December - February
- Weather: Max -3.7° C | Min -11.2° C
Access to Rusutsu for international travellers is generally via New Chitose Airport which is about 2 hours by resort liner to Rusutsu.
Its not possible to access Rusutsu easily by train, so we recommend the bus network from New Chitose or Sapporo
Travelling to Rusutsu by car is possible from Sapporo or New Chitose Airport will take approx. 2 hours.
The resort liner servicer in Hokkaido or the Resort bus service from Sapporo runs regularly to and from Rusutsu and the journey will take approx 2.5 hours.
By Private Transfer
Private transfers can be arranged from New Chitose Airport for as few as 1 person in a private car or up to 40 people with a bus charter.
- World class infrastructure links the hotels and the 3 mountains, including a monorail, 4 gondolas and 14 lifts, the best in Japan in our opinion
- Super Dry Champagne powder with over 14 metres average per season
- Tree skiing and off piste areas offer a great introduction for skiers and boarders that want to transition their skills and lean how to ski powder
- Plenty of activities for the whole family to enjoy at Rusutsu
- Ski in ski out quality accommodation makes things super fun, easy and comfortable
- Long Groomer runs that are perferct for beginner and intermediate skiers and boarders
- Epic pass can be used in Rusutsu
- Limited to Hotel style or Suite style accommodation in the resorts
- Very little late night scene, although there are bars and Karaoke to enjoy
- Whilst the powder is deep there are not a lot of super steep tree and off piste areas
- Group lessons are only available for children so for adults' private lessons are the only option
- Accommodation is relatively pricey compared to places like Furano; although having such great facilities and infrastructure, you are paying for quality and convenience
Average snowfall for Rusutsu
This data was collected on Rusutsu at 994m
Review and Rating
All Japan Powder Ski Holiday' clients are given the opportunity to review their trip once they return home. These reviews are administered by a third party and as such are unfiltered by Japan Powder.