Find your Next Adventure !
Sahoro Resort is located close to the centre of Hokkaido, Japan’s northern island. The resort is a great family friendly destination especially for those that want a quiet destination away from the hustle and bustle of other Hokkaido resorts like Niseko. It’s an idyllic rural location with two hotels the Sahoro resort hotel and Club Med hotel, both are ski in ski out to the resort.
The resort is known for its blue sky days in winter while snow often falls overnight which make for perfect powder skiing during the day, the resort has a great variety of terrain including off piste and tree skiing areas. The longest run is over 3 km’s and the ski resort has a vertical drop of 610m. There is one Gondola and 7 other lifts to access the mountain. From the Gondola large tree skiing areas can easily be accessed so you can get plenty of fresh powder from first tracks until the last run of the day.
Club Med Sahoro offers an all-inclusive package and is perfect if you want to learn to ski or improve your skiing as you will have a guide instructor with you all day from level 1 to level 6 to show you around the best parts of the resort, it’s also a great way for you and the family to meet friends and families also staying at the resort, there’s plenty of Après fun at club med as well as a gym and fitness classes as well as child care for the littlies. Everything is taken care of and you can just enjoy your holiday.
Sahoro resort hotel offers a beautiful facility with onsen, restaurants and bar lounge, if you are after a quieter relaxed holiday away from the club med structure then this is the place to stay in Sahoro for you.
Facilities & Attractions
Tourist attractions and the latest trendy spots.
The Sahoro Resort Hotel has a small gift shop that sells a few basic ski and snowboard accessories, typical Japanese trinkets and souvenirs, and some s
Nearby mountain pass, etc. of Sahoro, select the field in accordance with the conditions of the day. This tour to feel the untouched nature. (For adv
And then around the 1 lap about 1km of course. You can proceed with the operation of the hand of the accelerator and brake. Because it is guided, you
Down came in from Sahoro dake summit in snowshoes, program playing with fluffy snow Dari fell fly through the powdery snow. You can enjoy the exhilara
Bears during the winter Bear Mountain has quietly hibernation. Why do not we observed Innovation so whether the Bears in hibernation are doing.
Rocked in the bed of compacted snow vehicles, we aim to Sahoro-dake summit. Cold and Tokachi Plain of the night view of icy, A romantic tour to look a
To about 10 minutes of Sahoro lake in the car, because the fishing is a with a rental, you can feel free to experience. Smelt was caught can be tasted
- Best Time to Visit
- How to Reach Sahoro
- Resorts & City Guide
- Pros & Cons
- March - May
- Average Weather: Max 7.0°C | Min -3.0°C
- June - August
- Weather: Max 21.3° C | Min 12.5° C
- September - November
- Weather: Max 11.3° C | Min 2° C
- December - February
- Weather: Max -4.9° C | Min -14.4° C
Access to Sahoro for international travellers is generally via New Chitose Airport which is about 2.5 hours by resort liner to and from Sahoro.
You can access Sahoro via train from the New Chitose Airport via Shintoku JR station the journey takes just under 2 hours and there is a regular shuttle bus to Sahoro from Shintoku JR station which takes about 20 minutes to Sahoro Resort.
Travelling to Sahoro ia the freeway from New Chitose Airport will take approx. 2 hours.
The resort liner service in Hokkaido runs regularly to and from Sahoro the journey will take 2.5 hours.
By Private Transfer
Private transfers can be arranged from New Chitose Airport for as few as 1 person in a private car or up to 40 people with a bus charter.
- All-inclusive packages at Club Med Sahoro make it easy, you really are paying for convenience and it's a great way to meet new people on the slopes or in the bars and restaurants, included is your food and drink, lessons / guiding, gym, kids club, pool and Jacuzzi and good times J the only thing you need to pay for is your ski/board rental
- Ski in Ski out convenience from both resorts
- The off piste areas are super and there are a lot of great tree skiing; we found we had a great time with the Club Med crew who took us to the best areas
- It's pretty quiet on most days so you limited lift lines if you any at most of the lifts
- Its' cold in Sahoro in winter and snow is reliable from Dec through to April
- There is no village in Sahoro resort so you are limited to the restaurants in the individual hotel resorts, there are a couple of restaurant options in both and also are bar in each hotel so if you are staying for a whole week you an often feel a little bored with the options on offer
- The resort is medium sized by Japanese resort standards so again you might get a little bored with the terrain after 3 or 4 days, if you are an advanced skier then staying 4 nights here and 4 nights in Tomamu would be a god option (that's what we did)
Average snowfall for Sahoro
This data was collected on Sahoro at 1,030m
Review and Rating
All Japan Powder Ski Holiday' clients are given the opportunity to review their trip once they return home. These reviews are administered by a third party and as such are unfiltered by Japan Powder.